BEA Weblogic Server is a widely used Java Platform Enterprise Edition server (AKA Java EE) that lets users deploy mission-critical applications in a highly secured, robust and scalable environment.
Steps to Install SSL Certificate on BEA WebLogic Server
Step 1: Download and Extract your Certificate
Once you’ve completed the validation process the Certificate Authority will send you the certificate in a *.zip file via email, this file will include your primary certificate, root certificate, and the intermediate certificate. Download this *.zip file and extract all the certificate files to either your local directory or to your server directory.
Step 2: Merge all certificate files into single PEM file
- Open the primary certificate, root certificate and the intermediate certificate files using any text editor.
- Create a new text file and name it as myCertificate.pem
- First, copy the data of the primary certificate and paste it over to the myCertificate.pem file.
- You’ll want to copy the data of both the intermediate certificate and the root certificate in the same manner as before and paste them below the data of primary certificate on myCertificate.pem file.
Now the myCertificate.pem file will look something like the example below.
** Note: Please enter the data into myCertificate.pem file in following order (1) Data of Primary Certificate (2) Data of Intermediate Certificate (3) Data of Root Certificate. **
Step 3: Install the Certificate
To import the myCertificate.pem file you created earlier, you’ll need to make use of java key-tool command line utility. Write the following piece of code in a single line.
keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore /path_to_keystore/mykeystore -file myCertificate.pem
This code will import the file myCertificate.pem into your Keystore (i.e myKeystore).
** Note: You can use your own name for myCertificate.pem file and myKeystore. **
Now open your Weblogic Server Console and move to “Security >Keystores>DefaultKeyStore”. Here you need to fill the path, file name, a password for the private key, a root CA certificate and Keystore location.
The final step is restarting your Weblogic Server.
Your SSL Certificate is now installed on BEA Weblogic Server.
- Oracle GlassFish SSL Installation
- Install SSL Certificate on Oracle Wallet Manager
- Install SSL Certificate on Oracle iPlanet Web Server
- Install SSL Certificate on F5 FirePass SSL VPN
- Install SSL Certificates on AEP Netilla SSL VPN
- A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Install an SSL certificate on H-Sphere
- Detailed steps on how to install an SSL certificate on Lotus Domino
- Step-by-Step SSL Installation Guide for F5 Big-IP
- How to install an SSL certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 server
SSL Certs for BEA Weblogic Server
BEA Weblogic Server only accepts SSL Certificate from a genuine and trusted SSL Certificate Authority. Buy trusted SSL Certificate from at a cheap price with heavy discount rates.