Here’s How to Install a Third-Party SSL/TLS Certificate into Your WordPress Website Hosted on SiteGround
Whether you’re running a personal blog or company website, having an SSL/TLS certificate is necessary. SSL certificates help encrypt your website’s traffic and the sensitive information that goes with it, such as credit card details and login credentials.
Different hosting providers have different installation processes based on their user interface. Henceforth, if you’re looking for the SSL installation process for your WordPress website hosted on SiteGround, you’re reading the right article.
Steps to Install Third-Party SSL in Your WordPress Site Hosted on SiteGround
Follow the below-mentioned steps to install an SSL/TLS certificate in your WordPress website that is hosted on SiteGround:
- Log in to your Sit Ground hosting account.
- Go to Site Tools >> Security >> SSL Manager.
- Select section Install New SSL >> Import
- Now, paste the certificate you received into the CRT field. The certificate code can be found within the file ending with the “.crt” extension.
- After pasting the CRT certificate, you’ll need to provide the private key you got along with the CSR you generated when purchasing the SSL/TLS certificate.
- Copy and paste the CA Bundle.
- Lastly, once you complete the above steps, click the Import button to successfully install the SSL/TLS certificate.
WordPress SSL Certificates
Protect your WordPress website in minutes with WordPress SSL Certificate. It includes 256 bit encryption, $10K-$50K warranties, daily WordPress scanner, site seal and more.
SiteGround offers a free SSL/TLS certificate from Let’s Encrypt, but if you’ve purchased a third-party SSL/TLS certificate from a respected CAs like Sectigo, it’ll require the above mentioned steps. Good luck!