Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SSL Installation Steps.
To successfully complete the SSL Installation process, you’ll need to first install the appropriate intermediate certificate(s) before configuring your primary SSL certificate on your Exchange Server.
Step 1: Download SSL Certificate Files
After validation is completed, the Certificate Authority will email you a zip file that contains your SSL, Intermediate and Root certificates. Download that zip folder and extract all files onto your server directory.
Step 2: Add Snap-ins in MMC (Microsoft Management Console)
- In Start menu, type Run or press Windows + R using keyboard
- In Run, type MMC and click Enter/Ok and Console1 will appear
- In File Menu click on Add/Remove Snap-ins
- Under Available snap-ins: options, click on Certificates and click Add
- Now select a specific computer account and click Next/Finish
- After you reach Add or Remove Snap-ins dialogue, click on OK
- Now your will reach back to Console1
Step 3: Intermediate Certificate Installation
- Under ConsoleRoot folder, expand Certificates
- List of folders will appear, now Right click on Intermediate Certificate Authorities
- Move mouse pointer on All Tasks and click on Import
- Certificate import wizard will appear, click Next
- Click on Browse, find your Intermediate Certificate file & click Next
- Now select ‘Place all certificates in the following store’ & press Browse button, now from the list of Certificate stores select Intermediate Certificate Authorities & click OK.
- You will get back to Certificate Import Wizard, now click Next button and then press Finish.
- An alert will be appear as ‘The Import was Successful’.
- Save the Console1 and Close MMC.
- Save your Console and exit from MMC.
You’ve successfully installed the intermediate SSL certificate.
Step 4: Install SSL Certificate
- From start menu, open Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Now open Exchange Management Shell
- Enter below code to import SSL certificate.
Import-ExchangeCertificate -Path C:\certificate_name.crt
Here we have used Certificate_name.crt file path is for illustration purpose only, please enter appropriate certificate file path.
- Once you’ve imported the SSL, use the following code to enable it.
Enable-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint paste_thumbprint_here -Services "SMTP, IMAP, IIS"
- Close the Exchange Management Shell.
SSL Certificate is now installed.
- SSL Certificate Installation Checker
- Microsoft Exchange Server Support Center
- Quick CSR Generation
- Install SSL Certificates on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Guides on How to Move SSL Certificate from One Server to Another Server
- Transfer an SSL Certificate from a Windows Server to an Apache Server
- Transfer an SSL Certificate from an Apache Server to another Apache Server
- Transfer an SSL Certificate from an Apache Server to a Windows Server
- Transfer an SSL Certificate from a Tomcat/Java Server to an Apache Server
Multi-Domain SSL Certificates for Microsoft Exchange Servers
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2017 SSL Certificate from Top SSL Brands.