Steps to Install SSL certificate on Courier IMAP Server
Courier is the most common mail server in the world due it being fast, secured, scalable and its ability to provide reliable email communication.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD CERTIFICATE FILES
Once the validation process is completed, the Certificate Authority will send you the certificates files in a *.zip file, which will include the primary certificate, root certificate, and intermediate certificate files. Download that *.zip file and extract it to the server directory where you wish to store your SSL certificate files.
STEP 2: PEM FILE CREATION
Using any text editor of your choice, open the primary certificate file and the private key file. You’ll now want to create a new file, and copy over all the encrypted data of both the private key and the primary certificate, and save the new file as a .pem extension with the file ‘mycertificate.pem’.
Your mycertifiate.pem file will look something like this
*** Note: The private key file is the file you have created earlier during the CSR (Certificate Signing Request) generation process.***
In case your SSL Certificate requires an intermediate certificate file, open your intermediate certificate file included within the *.zip with any text editor and save it with a new file name as Intermediace_Cert.txt.
STEP 3: IMPORT AND INSTALL SSL CERTIFICATE
Secure Courier IMAP
- Find and open the IMAPD-SSL file and add directives mentioned below
Generally the location of IMAPD-SSL file is (/usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/).
- Verify for the lines allow SSL3
- Find and open the POP3D-SSL file and add directives mentioned below
Generally the location of imapd-SSL file is (/usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/).
Now, Restart your Courier IMAP Server.
SSL Certificate is now Installed on Courier IMAP Server.
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Red Hat Linux Apache Server
- How to Install SSL Certificate on Cisco Secure Access Control Server (ACS)
- How to Install an SSL Certificate on Ubuntu Server using Apache
- A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Install an SSL certificate on H-Sphere
- Detailed steps on how to install an SSL certificate on Lotus Domino
- Step-by-Step SSL Installation Guide for F5 Big-IP
- How to install an SSL certificate on OS X Lion 10.7 server
*** Note: For illustration purpose, we took default name as mycertificate.pem & Intermediace_Cert.txt, you can take your own names. But make sure to change the directive based on your certificate file names. ***Courier is the most common mail server in the world due it being fast, secured, scalable and its ability to provide reliable email communication.