Because they’re the world’s most trusted CA
DigiCert Certificate Authority, based in Utah, is considered to be one the most popular SSL certificate authority on the market. They sell a number of SSL certificates such as Wildcard, Multi-Domain, Extended Validation, and other certificates. And following its acquisition of Symantec, it owns the highest share of business validation certificates of anyone.
The CertCentral® Management Platform provided by DigiCert makes it easy to monitor your website’s security and automates all the processes in the certificate’s lifecycle. DigiCert is also known for its exceptional customer service. Furthermore, upon purchasing a certificate, you receive it via your email almost instantly. Some of the most popular websites using DigiCert certificates are Coinbase, deviantART, and HubSpot.
In this article, we’ll briefly review DigiCert SSL certificates so you can determine which one you should purchase.
Review DigiCert CA Features
- Provision of standard X.509 certificates.
- Provision of symmetric 256-bit encryption along with RSA public-key SHA-2 algorithm and ECC public-key cryptography.
- Supports 2048-bit public key encryption, with the added availability of 3072-bit and 4096-bit as well.
- All DigiCert certificates are issued within 1 to 3 days, depending on the type and complexity of the certificate.
- They provide Organization Validation, Domain Validation, and Extended Validation certificates.
- They display the Organization and Certificate name on the browser for all certificates.
- In case of the EV certificate, the Green Address Bar is also shown.
- Unlimited free issues are allowed till the certificate expires.
- Can protect unlimited servers.
- Customer support can be reached via live chat, phone call, or email.
- They have a 30-day full refund policy.
- They provide a warranty of up to $1,000,000.
DigiCert Review of Certificates
The following is a brief overview of the certificates offered by DigiCert.
- DigiCert Wildcard SSL: It can secure unlimited subdomains within the primary domain, along with the base domain itself.
- DigiCert Standard SSL: It can secure a single fully-qualified domain name.
- DigiCert Multi-Domain SSL: It can secure up to four different domain names. You can also secure additional domains at $135/year.
- DigiCert Extended Validation SSL: It can secure a single fully-qualified domain name and display the Green Address Bar in the browser.
- DigiCert EV Multi-Domain SSL: It can secure up to three different domain names. You can also secure additional domains at $135/year. It also displays the Green Address Bar in the browser.