Which Wildcard certificate is better? It’s Comodo Wildcard SSL vs. GoDaddy Wildcard SSL.
Recently, we’ve been getting a lot of Comodo vs. GoDaddy SSL Certificate type questions. Both Comodo Wildcard SSL and GoDaddy Wildcard SSL are two of the best SSL certificates on the market. As such, users have been wondering which one of these services to choose.
In this article, we’ll give you a detailed Comodo SSL review and a GoDaddy SSL review so you can make an informed decision.
Comodo Wildcard SSL
Comodo is the world’s oldest and most renowned SSL Certificate Authority, having been founded in 1998. Comodo is known to offer the widest range of options for the lowest costs imaginable, complete with great customer service. As such, they have certificate options that can be used by large organizations and individual internet users.
When it comes to the Comodo Wildcard SSL, you have two options — Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard and Comodo Positive Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL. The former amongst these can be used to secure multiple subdomains within a single domain and the latter can secure multiple domains and subdomains.
- Comodo Wildcard SSL certificates are the cheapest on the market. Even after the introduction of several other wildcard SSL certificates, they still stand as the cheapest and most reliable.
- As mentioned previously, with over 20 products, they offer a wide range of choices for the users. Individual website owners might prefer a PositiveSSL, large organizations might prefer an EnterpriseSSL or InstantSSL. The choice is all yours.
- Access to 24/7 expert technical support in case you have any concerns.
Comodo isn’t a hosting provider. As such, it’s necessary for you to purchase an SSL certificate separately and then connect it to your website, a process that the support team can help you with.
If you’re choosing Comodo, it might be worth your time to compare the PositiveSSL Wildcard vs. the EssentialSSL Wildcard Certificate.
GoDaddy Wildcard SSL
GoDaddy is both a certificate authority and a hosting company. They’re a relatively new certificate authority, however, they have an impressive suite of features and they can integrate their SSL certificate to your website directly.
You can get hosting for your website and an SSL certificate for its security from the same portal. As such, it’s perfectly streamlined and saves time and effort.
- GoDaddy is considerably more expensive than Comodo Wildcard SSL.
- GoDaddy only offers a choice between three SSL certificates, which might not adequately meet the specific needs of different users.
- GoDaddy is primarily a hosting provider, not an SSL provider. As such, even though they have a customer support team in place, they’re not as efficient as the Comodo team.
Comodo Wildcard SSL vs. GoDaddy Wildcard SSL
|Comparison||Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard Certificate||Comodo Multi-Domain Wildcard SSL Certificate||GoDaddy Wildcard SSL Certificate|
|Product Technical Features||“|
|SSL-Type||2048-Bit Standard SSL||2048-Bit Standard SSL||2048-Bit Standard SSL|
|Domain Security||Security for unlimited sub-domains||Security for 250 domains & their unlimited sub-domains||Security for unlimited sub-domains|
|Issuance Time||Instant within minutes||Instant within minutes||2-3 Days|
|Display Indicator||HTTPS with Padlock in URL||HTTPS with Padlock in URL||HTTPS with Padlock in URL|
|Validation Type||Domain Validated||Domain Validated||Organization Validated|
|Documents Required||File/Email Based Validation||File/Email Based Validation||File/Email Based Validation|
|OS Compatibility||Latest versions of Windows, Apple MAC, Linux, etc…||Latest versions of Windows, Apple MAC, Linux, etc…||Latest versions of Windows, Apple MAC, Linux, etc…|
|Browser Compatibility||99.9% Web and Mobile||99.9% Web and Mobile||99.9% Web and Mobile|
|Mobile OS Support||Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Blackberry OS, Etc…||Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Blackberry OS, Etc…||Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Blackberry OS, Etc…|
|SSL Reissuance||Anytime till the SSL Expiration||Anytime till the SSL Expiration||Anytime till the SSL Expiration|
|Site Seal Type||Static Site Seal||Static Site Seal||Static Site Seal|
|Refund Policy||15 Days||15 Days||30 Days|
|Highly Recommended||Small/Medium level domains (Non-E-commerce)||Small/Medium level domains (Non-Ecommerce)||Small/Medium level domains (Non-E-commerce)|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||N/A|
Which one should you Choose?
Comodo Wildcard SSL has several advantages over GoDaddy. And Comodo is widely considered to be the world’s leading certificate authority. However, if you want to get your SSL certificate and your hosting from the same provider, GoDaddy will be the best option. In all other regards — customer support, pricing, versatility — Comodo Wildcard SSL reigns supreme.
Comodo SSL Certificates Related Posts
- Comodo PositiveSSL vs RapidSSL
- Comodo PositiveSSL vs EssentialSSL
- Comodo PositiveSSL vs Lets Encrypt SSL
- Compare Wildcard SSL Certificates
- Compare Multi Domain Wildcard SSL Certificates