A quick rundown of the difference between Positive SSL and Comodo SSL certificates
If you’re shopping for the best SSL certificate for your website, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by all the different options – warranties, coverage, validation, brands, and more. It’s particularly difficult when you’re trying to decide between two quality brands that offer great value in different ways — like comparing Positive SSL vs Comodo SSL.
To help you pick the best SSL certificate for your needs, here’s a quick rundown of the differences between Positive SSL and Comodo SSL.
Positive SSL vs Comodo SSL: What’s the Same
PositiveSSL and ComodoSSL both offer:
- A 2048-bit private key
- Up to 256-bit encryption
- Unlimited server licenses
- Domain validation
- Issues in five minutes
- The trust of all popular browsers
- Single domain name protection
- Chain to the trusted Comodo CA / Sectigo root
Key Differences Between the Two Brands
Here are the most important ways that Positive SSL and Comodo SSL certificate are different:
- Brand. The Comodo SSL brand has wider recognition than the Positive SSL brand. Using a highly recognized certificate brand helps increase customer trust and confidence in your website.
- Warranty. Comodo SSL offers a much higher warranty that protects you in case of a CA failure. While Positive SSL includes $50,000 of coverage, Comodo SSL covers you up to $250,000 — five times the coverage.
- Site Seal. Positive SSL comes with a Positive SSL brand seal, while Comodo SSL comes with a highly recognizable Comodo CA / Sectigo branded seal. Show your customers that your website is secured by a name they know and trust!
- Extras. Comodo SSL, as part of Comodo CA’s premium offerings, often comes with promotional offers such as PCI scanning, malware protection, etc.
Positive SSL vs Comodo SSL Comparison Table
|Positive SSL||Comodo SSL|
|Encryption||2048-bit private key, up to 256-bit encryption||2048-bit private key, up to 256-bit encryption|
|Validation||Domain Validated – issues within minutes||Domain Validated – issues within minutes|
|Protects||Single domain (www.site.com and site.com)||Single domain (www.site.com and site.com)|
|Price||From $5.45/year||From $45.46/year|
|Shop Now||Shop Now|