Quick guide to install SSL certificate on Microsoft IIS 5 & IIS 6
To successfully complete the SSL Installation process, you’ll need to first install the appropriate intermediate certificate(s) before configuring your primary SSL certificate on your IIS machine.
Step 1: Download and Install SSL Certificate Files
Once the validation process is completed from the issuing Certificate Authority, we will email you a *.zip file that contains your SSL and Intermediate certificate. Download that *.zip file and extract all files into the directory where you wish to store your certificate files.
Step 2: Intermediate SSL Certificate Installation
(1) Type Run from Start menu or press ‘Windows + R’ using keyboard
(2) In Run type MMC and press Enter
(3) Microsoft Management Console (MMC) dialog will appear
(4) Under File menu click Add/Remove Snap-in…
(5) Click the Add button and the Add Standalone Snap-in dialog will appear
(6) Now select the Certificates option and press Add.
(7) Certificates is been added in Snap-in, press OK.
(8) Expand the Certificates option and right-click the Intermediate Certification Authorities
(9) Hover your mouse over All Tasks and click on Import.
(10) Certificate Import Wizard will appear, press Next
(11) Browse for the Intermediate certificate file you saved and then press the Next
(12) Now select Place all certificates in the following store, click the Browse button, select Intermediate Certification Authorities, press OK and hit next button. (If Intermediate Certification Authorities is already selected then move to next step.)
(13) Next window will display the details of the imported certificate.
(14) Press the Finish button, import was successful alert will appear and then press OK.
(15) Close the console 1 and press No to remove the console
Step 3: Primary SSL Certificate Installation
(1) In the control Panel on your windows, open administrative tools and open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
(2) Click on + (expand) next to your local computer
(3) Again click on + next to the Web sites
(4) Now right click on the Host-Name/Website for which you want to install Certificate, and then click on Property.
(5) Here in the Default Web Site Properties window, click on the Directory Security.
(6) Now click on Server Certificates and hit the Next
(7) IIS Certificate Wizard window will appear, select Process the pending request and install the certificate and press the Next
(8) Click on the Browse button, search for your primary certificate file (in .crt) and then click on the Open
(9) Now in IIS Certificate Wizard dialog click the Next button
(10) Here enter port number which you wish to use for your website and then press Next
(11) Certificate Summary will be display, confirm the details and then hit the Next
(12) Click the Finish button.
Finally, your SSL Certificate and Intermediate Certificates are enabled in IIS 5 & IIS 6
- SSL Certificate Installation Checker
- Microsoft IIS Support Center
- Generate Certificate Signing Request on IIS 5 & IIS 6
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 7
- Install SSL Certificate on Microsoft IIS 8
Microsoft IIS SSL Certificates
Microsoft IIS only accepts SSL Certificate from a genuine and trusted SSL Certificate Authority. Buy trusted SSL Certificate from at a cheap price with heavy discount rates.