VeriSign SSL Certificates Rebranded as Symantec
For many years, VeriSign SSL Certificates have been some of the most trusted and authoritative SSL certificates on the market. In fact, they still are. Just under a different name.
In August 2010, VeriSign was acquired by Symantec, which, in turn, merged with DigiCert. Following the acquisition, in April 2012, Symantec upgraded all the VeriSign SSL Certificates. As such, certificates formerly known as VeriSign SSL Certificates became Symantec Secure Site SSL or DigiCert Secure Site SSL Certificates.
Save Up To 50% On VeriSign SSL Certificates (Now Symantec)
|VeriSign SSL Certificates||Years||Price/Year|
|VeriSign Secure Site SSL Certificate is now Symantec™ Secure Site.||$399.00$223.43||Add to Cart|
|VeriSign Secure Site Pro SSL Certificate is now Symantec™ Secure Site Pro||$995.00$543.56||Add to Cart|
|VeriSign Secure Site Pro with EV SSL Certificate is now Symantec™ Secure Site Pro with EV||$1499.00$779.19||Add to Cart|
|VeriSign Secure Site EV Certificate is now Symantec™ Secure Site with EV.||$995.00$535.44||Add to Cart|
|VeriSign Secure Site Wildcard SSL Certificate is now Symantec Secure Site Wildcard SSL Certificate.||$1999.00$1421.06||Add to Cart|
|VeriSign Code Signing Certificate is now Symantec Code Signing Certificate.||$499.00$327.00||Add to Cart|
Reasons for the Rebranding of VeriSign SSL as Symantec SSL
The primary reason for the rebranding of VeriSign SSL Certificates was to further its authority by including the power of the Norton brand (which was also owned by Symantec).
Symantec SSL Certificates (previously known as VeriSign SSL Certificates) now carry a new ‘Norton Secured Seals’ message.
This is beneficial for a number of reasons:
- Studies showed that 77% of users recognized the Norton Secured seal immediately. Greater brand recognition means more people would be likely to purchase SSL Certificate VeriSign.
- Norton is ranked as the number one most trusted brand for online protection.
- In the Symantec Rebranding Tests conducted by S. Online Consumer Study in 2011, it was found that 94% of consumers would feel safer about purchasing the VeriSign SSL Certificate if it carried the Norton Secured Seal logo.
What Changed after the VeriSign SSL Rebranding as Symantec?
The only changes to the VeriSign SSL Certificates occurred in the form of the seal and name.
- The ‘VeriSign Trusted’ seal became the ‘Norton Secured’ Symantec seal.
- VeriSign SSL Certificates became Symantec SSL Certificates. For example, the VeriSign Secure Site Pro Certificate became Symantec Secure Site Pro Certificate.
What Stayed the Same after the VeriSign SSL Rebranding as Symantec?
Most aspects of VeriSign SSL Certificates remained the same, just under a different name.
- The cost of SSL Certificate VeriSign remained the same.
- The process to buy SSL Certificate VeriSign remained the same.
- Previously purchased VeriSign SSL certificates continued functioning as they had before the change.
- What is SSL Certificate Chain – Explained by Certificate Authority
- What is a Standard SSL Certificate? Compare Features & Prices
- The Difference Between Standard Vs. Individual Vs. EV Code Signing Certificates
- What is ECC SSL? How To Get An ECC SSL Certificate
- What is a Sectigo RSA Domain Validation certificate?